Thursday, March 24, 2011

My first anniversary card!

So tomorrow is my first anniversary to my very own Prince Charming. :)  I adore this man more than anything!  Ours was truly a fairytale romance, and it happened quickly.  If you're interested in reading about that, check out my other blog at our story.  He's absolutely the best thing that's ever happened to me!

Anyhoo, here's the card I made for our anniversary.  He's my redneck romeo, and since we had rather a fast courting period, we got married March 25, 2010 and I'm not only more in love with him today than I was when we said "I do", I made him a card for our anniversary.  (surprise!)

So, without further eloquence- my anniversary card for my king.


So, Cinderella and Prince Charming were cut at 4 inches.  I would NOT cut them smaller, because it was a pain in the butt to get all the little intricut details into it.  I used Studio G Glitter writer to cover the light blue parts (except the gloves) and since Cindy's mouth was too small to cut out, I just used my red glitter glue- also from Studio G.
For the card background, I shimmer sprayed (I'll post a tutorial on that in a few days) some beige cardstock with my homemade metallic champagne shimmer spray.  After it was dry, I matted it onto some greenish/tealish paper.  I layered them onto each other at these dimensions:
Green- 4" x 5 1/4
beige- 3 3/4" x 5"
green- 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
I repeated this 2 more times for the inside of card.  gave it an opulence that looks nifty.  You can't really see it from the pictures, but you can see the shine from the beige paper.  super pretty!
anyhoo- I have my hand covering my sentiment.  That's for his eyes only. :)

I am thinking I'm going to denote something on this card that shows it's our 1st anniversary.  I'll post an updated picture if I decide to do that tomorrow while he's golfing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment