Friday, March 25, 2011

Just Goofin' Around...

One of my BFF's Hana absolutely LOVES Goofy.  I just got the Mickey and Friends cartridge, so it seemed like a perfect fit!  Here's my Goofy card for Hana:

The papers are from My Mind's Eye, and I ran the green paper through the cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder.  Goofy was cut at 4 1/4 inches using generic cardstock (I have NO clue who made it, I break down my packets when I get them).  The ribbon is from Hobby Lobby.  I get all my ribbons on sale and in the fabric section- why just use scrapbooking ribbon?  that's limiting myself IMO.  Anyhoo the papers were cut 1/4" smaller than my card, and the green was cut to go just about 1/2 way down the orange.  ATG'd it all together, and Goofy is up on pop dots.  I could have done SO MUCH MORE to this card, but I really wanted to keep it simple.  There are times I get away from myself and put much more into a card than is necessary.  It's good to keep things basic and simple sometimes, and this is a VERY simple card that looks much more complicated than it is!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Ruby Rose~MOMO sent me & I am glad I found you. Super nice blog & your cards are terrific.
    Goofy is a loveable goof...great job!
    I am a new follower too!
    I am sure I will be back. Thanks for sharing with us all.
    All the best & crafty goodness,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Goofy too! Cute card! Thanks for sharing - Momo sent me. Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....your cards are adorable. Congrats on getting married. I just got a cricut and SCAL. I need to learn how to use it before it collects dust, lol

    I found you through Momo. Isn't she wonderful for doing this for us. So many great blogs we would have missed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks paulssandy! We've been married, but now we're having a wedding... unless my desire for a new washer and dryer takes control. then it's out of my hands. lol!

    I LOVE Momo. she's awesome! I agree with you, I am finding so much undiscovered talent that way!!

    ReplyDelete