Friday, April 1, 2011

You're my cup of tea!

I got in a crafting mood today.  (surprise!)  Well, I made this card on the last day of National Craft Month, however I didn't get it posted until April Fools day.  mea culpa.  I wanted to do something snazzy.  This wasn't it.  I'm actually not completely happy with this.  I mean, I like it, I just don't LOVE it. 

Here's how I made it.
I used:
3 different blue cardstocks
gypsy
once upon a princess
story book
black ink pad
black embossing powder
ribbon
pop dots
wilton flowers
brads
stampendous swirly-style stamp.
ATG gun
Shimmer Spray

Okie dokie, so how I did it: 
I welded together the teacup from Once Upon A Princess at a width of 6.6 and height of 4.18 on the gypsy.  I also cut another out of a lighter blue for the inner liner. 

I printed on light blue "You're my cup of tea" from my printer in the font:  a yummy apology.  (PS, you can dowload a TON of free fonts if you google "free fonts")  I used the Center Point on my cricut and cut out from Storybook the marquee style thingie (I know, technical term) on the page that says "once upon a time".  Light blue is cute at 2" and darker is 2 1/4".  I layered them together with my ATG and popped them up wtih popdots.

I used my stamp, black stamp pad and black embossing powder on the front of the card.  I assume you know how to do that, considering.  I then wrapped a ribbon around it.  Now because of the curve of the card, it's slightly off.  I put the pop-dotted statement on top of the ribbon. 

Then I realized I messed up.  After I sprayed the flowers (I used 5, 2 on 1 flower, 3 on another) with shimmer spray and they dried, I realized I hit one of the flowers with the black ink when I was stamping so I did it to both flowers.  Not the desired look I was going for, but eh.  life happens.  I added silver brads (I opted over the blue ones I had.  no need for blue overkill.) to the centers and atg'd them to the card.


So, I put the liner in the the bottom and added the matching ribbon to the top ribbon and voila- it's a fairly easy card. :) 

5 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. I really LOVE the swirls. So glad you finally posted it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I love the tea cup card. Great job. thanks for Sharing, just became a follower.

    I left you an award on my blog.

    http://scrappinwiththebug.blogspot.com/

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for entering you awesome blue monochromatic teapot at Creative Clear!

    Molly - CCS DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutie! Thanks for joining the Creative Vision challenge for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!!

    I am a new follower. Momo sent me! I would love for you to visit my blog and become a follower.

    http://scrap-a-tude.blogspot.com/

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete