Sunday, April 17, 2011

TONS of stuff happening!

So after a failed attempt at going on vacation, I have eased my pain by my crafting with my addictions.  I have a few thank-you cards to make, start my hubby's military scrapbook (he needs it to be a recruiter),  make a few page layouts for my family scrapbook, start on decorations for my son's party in June, make about 5 mother's day cards (mom, MIL, grandmother, kids' great grandmothers and one for my aunt- who doesn't have kids but practically raised me!).  I also have a few "just because" cards to make for a few friends who are helping me get my photography biz started, and quite a few gift card cards and envelopes.  Oh yeah, there's also the cookbook I'm working on (decorating, not writing!) for my hubby's diabetes friendly recipes.

I will post pictures when I get them done.  Oh wait!  I have some done so here they are.

This thank-you card is for my former grandmother-in-law.  She sent a box of things to my kids and for my son who isn't related to her, so I want to thank her.  She loves beachy things, and boats and her favorite colors are red, white, and blue.

What I did and what I used:

Studio g stamp pad- white.
K & Co. blue swirl paper
cardstock:  white, red, cream, brown, cark blue, medium blue, light blue
white gel pen
gelly roll stardust pen
Studio G sparkle writer glitter glue
swiss dots folder
homemade shimmer spray
Zig 2 way
pop squares
color box ink in chestnut roan and creamy brown
gypsy
Just Because Cards cartridge
Alphalicious cartridge.
EK success paper edger.

start with a white card from 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock.

on my gypsy, I arranged the boat from Just Because Cards and all it's layers on the sheet.  I cut it out at 4" (I believe) and thank you from Alphalicious at 2".

with the K&Co paper, I cut a mat at 4" x 5 1/4".  I sprayed it with my light blue shimmer spray (surprise!) to help diffuse the harshness of the swirls.  I inked around the edge with creamy brown ink.  Glued it down with my ATG gun.

ink around all the boat with chestnut roan ink.  Ink the waves with white.  Assemble the boat with the Zig 2-way pen.  I attached the boat directly to the mat. On the waves, I edged around all 4 with Studio G sparkle writer and when dry, I glued them directly to the bottom of the boat.  on teh bottom two waves, I foam squared them up above. 

I glued on the thank-you with my Zig 2-way and then edged around the boat and the thank-you with my stardust pen.  (newest favorite pen!!)

on the inside I did this:
I did random sizes for the blue mat inside, and the medium blue edge up top.  I eyeballed what I wanted it to look like.  I wrote thank you on it in white gel pen and also gave faux stitching with the pen as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment