Saturday, April 2, 2011

Tag! You're It!

I got inspired by the tags from http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com's/ design.  I saw it and thought it was rather snazzy, and it inspired me to break out my tags, bags, boxes and more cartridge.  I picked a random tag, and it came out pretty nifty and simple!  (I'm all about simple.) 

K & Company paper
tags, bags, boxes and more cartridge
cardstock: cream, kraft
brown ribbon,
4 star brads
stampendous swirly stamp
embossing stamp pad
brown embossing powder
computer and printer.
shimmer spray


I started with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card made out of kraft cardstock.  I printed out my saying and inside saying on the computer and cut around the Tag! You're it. with Tags, bags, boxes and more.  I used the beveled edge for a more masculine card, but you can do it out of any one you want.

I cut the cream cardstock to 4" x 5 1/4" (two of them) and sprayed them with my shimmer spray in champagne.  (I use a lot of that stuff!) I dried them with my heat gun, and on the tag, I stamped with my swirly stamp and heat-set the embossing. 

I layered 3 3/4"x 5" pieces of K & Company blue paper on top of my shimmer sprayed mats. 

For the top, I inked around the edge of the tag, and added ribbon to it.  BE CAREFUL or you'll rip it like I did.  it was a pain in the butt to get centered enough so I just doctored it up.  I also put ribbon around the front of the top mat.  Added star brads to the 4 corners (I used my Crop-a-dile on the 1/8" setting, but I don't recommend it; it made the holes just slightly too big.) and ATG'd it down to the front of my card.

for the inside, I took the second phrase I printed out  and cut that 4" x 3 3/4" leaving me a small space to write and some blue visual on the inside. :)

See?  simple.    Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is SO pretty (in a manly way)! Great job, and I'm so glad my project inspired you :o)

    ReplyDelete