SAY WHAT?! When it comes to trends, I typically stay a year or two behind. (I still have yet to get into leggings as pants under a tunic shirt- I don't think that'll ever catch on for me.) So, in great homage to being a trendless setter, I'm now finally doing a subway art.
Yeah, I'm seriously not trendy, BUT I am creative so it balances out. :D
What you'll need:
a canvas- pick a size. Mine came in a 3 pack of I think 18x18.
vinyl- I used cheap vinyl so I could chuck it and not feel badly about it.
paint in various colors, I chose cream and red.- in retrospect, spray paint would have been better.
Lyrical Letters Cricut cartridge.
Cricut of your choice.
This project was actually pretty time consuming for me! I know, I was shocked, but that's because I kept futzing with it. (side note: futzing is actually a word recognized by blogger but 18x18 isn't... funny!)
I cut out scripture- Isaiah 9:6 (one of my favorites for Christmas, but since the color works SO well with my living room, I think I'm going to keep it up all year. It's not JUST a Christmas scripture, and it goes well on my wall.
(see where I put it? Next to the pine cone dangly thing? TOTALLY works for me!)
You can see the paint strokes which is why in retrospect, the spray paint would be a better idea.
What do you like to or need to avoid for the Christmas season? It can get so crazy around my house, but I tend to avoid parties and outings that are "required" for Christmas. We have a few simple traditions that we do, and that's what we'll keep doing, but all the extra crap like the Christmas bazaar and the official lighting of the trees, or the parades and acquaintance parties- in the words of Kimberly Williams (you know her as Sweet Brown) "Ain't nobody got time for dat!"
Yeah, I went there.
Anyway, here's the lineup and don't forget, we love the love- leave some!!!:
1. Lisa Pontious ~ http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com/
3. Sheila - http://2pawprints.blogspot.com
4. Teresa- http://freshandrenewed.blogspot.com/
5. Scrappin Madge http://www.thescrappinlounge.com
6. Miranda - www.nanasscrapspot.com
7. Robin Lane - http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/
8. Scrappin Toxic Midge- http://www.toxictreasures.com/
9. Deb Rodgerson http://debspaperpalooza.blogspot.com/
10.Theresa - http://scrappinginheels.blogspot.com
11. Sandy- http://scrapbookblessings.blogspot.com
12. Diana - http://daisylovecreations.blogspot.com
13. Alicia http://goldengoddessdesigns.blogspot.com
14. Lucy ~ http://love2createitall.com
15. Lori ~ http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com/
16. Beth~ http://thecraftyscrapyard.blogspot.com
17. Shawnee~ http://sunshinycards.blogspot.com
19. Inga http://mommahobbit.blogspot.ca/
20. Heather~ http://paper-junkie.blogspot.com <-------- YOU ARE HERE AND YOU KNOW YOU <3 IT!
21. Denise www.craftconfectionery.com
22. Kathy - http://kathyand3kids.blogspot.com
23. Daphne - http://craftyscrapsofstuff.blogspot.com/
24. Anna - http://www.stampanna.com
25. Jessica - www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com