Wednesday, December 4, 2013

12 days of Christmas Bloghop- day 10

WOW!  It doesn't feel like 10 days in.  Speaking of, 10 days and still no card- MAN am I proud of myself!!

Today's little project is something fairly simple!  Ornaments!















Here's what you need:
square ornaments (hobby lobby)
etching cream
vinyl
martha stewart pine branch punch and green cardstock
twine.
Lyrical Letters Cricut cart.

etch the glass (manufacturer's directions) and rinse.  (that's why you see the water drops inside the bottles.)  pat off and cut out the vinyl at 1 1/4" (both things)  apply with transfer tape if needed. punch out 3 branches for each ornament and make a bow out of twine- attach with tacky glue.  tada!  15 minute ornaments!

How easy was that?

What is your favorite ornament?  It could be a memorable one from childhood, it could be one you picked up last year- mine is my daughter's 1st Christmas ornament.  Cut porcelain in the shape of a lace rattle. it makes me think about her every time I see it.

Here's the lineup:
6. Miranda - www.nanasscrapspot.com
8. Scrappin Toxic Midge- http://www.toxictreasures.com/
20. Heather~ http://paper-junkie.blogspot.com     <-------- YOU ARE HERE 

Have an amazing rest of your day and see you tomorrow!!!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful ornaments! Love the cute shape!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather - how fab are these! Just loving them so much - they are beautiful ornaments - TFS - thanks for the hop and have a crafty day! Gail http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/
    utb01 @ att dot net no spaces

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never saw ornaments like that, beautiful. Love, love, them! TFS, hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..... they are beautiful.... I love them... I want some :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your etched ornaments! Great idea and one I have never done! Have to try it! My fav' ornament is the Hallmark one of 2 mice playing a video game on a tv and has figures that move. It reminds me of my 2 sons when they were boys and like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before I comment on your project I have to say this:- You, my dear, totally amaze me. How on earth do you find the time to create such beautiful projects when you have 5 kids to take care of??? I'm just blown away by it all.

    Now, your project:- another gorgeous one. Love the square ornaments and how you decorated them. You have inspired me to try doing some etching. I've always been intimidated by it. TFS! :-)

    My fav. all-time ornament is an angel ---- depicting our angel sent to us from heaven. We only have one child and it took us 10 years to get her. When she was born, I created an "angel tree" for her. Every year, there would be another angel added to it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these square ornaments!!! WOW!!! Great Job!! I really need to get on the stick and create some of these guys!! LOL you did fantastic! loves-Scrappin Madge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ornaments - good job with the etching.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable ornaments I love them!! Thanks so much for sharing.


    racincrafts at aim dot com
    racincrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ornaments are so pretty!! Love the frosted look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty ornaments, I like the etched look. I have so many ornaments as we collect them; I just enjoy each year remembering where they came from or who.

    ~Beth
    http://thecraftyscrapyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really like the frosted ornaments as much as sparkly! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these little beauties!! I have some I have been working on, but really have a hard time with tying bows! I am going to scraplift your idea!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete