Once again, if you're starting here, please go to Lisa's blog and start there. She's giving away some awesomesauce blog candy and I'd hate for you to miss that. If you're here in the lineup, then welcome!
So I said that I'm keeping a country theme, but this isn't really country. I had this brilliant idea looking at my candle holder- I got this about a million years ago from a store called The Christmas Tree Store. it's only in a few locations, but you can easily turn a vase or candle holder red by using alcohol inks or glass stain, or possibly even a spray paint.
What you'll need:
1 large cylinder vase (red is kind of the color you'll need)- not tapered unless you're good at math and possibly aligning the planets or some other complicated junk.
black glitter card stock.
Gold glitter card stock
tape and glue.
How you do it:
measure around the vase and cut a strip of black cardstock 1 1/2" by 1" longer than the measurement.
Cut a "buckle" rectangle out of gold card stock with a rectangle inside it. My rectangle inside was 1 1/2" x 2" and out side was 2 1/2" x 3". Glue this to the black "belt" and let dry. Tape the belt to itself around your vase. Tada- Santa's belt buckle!
You can't tell in the pictures but the gold paper is also glitter paper. Again, crappy phone camera vs. my Nikon and a down computer.
Question of the day: What tradition can you NOT do without? We have 3. 1- we go Christmas light seeing with hot cocoa (coffee for Dad) and blankets. 2- we have a gingerbread house decorating contest every year and 3- I do Christmas pj's the night before Christmas (I make them for the kids and the hubs and myself) and we watch the Nativity Story with popcorn, hot chocolate and cookies.
Head on over to Jessica's blog and see all the awesomeness she has and if you get a chance, don't forget to stalk me over there with my other favorite stalkers! ;)
here's the lineup:
2. Scrappin Madge ~ www.thescrappinlounge.com
3. Beth McGee ~ http://thecraftyscrapyard.blogspot.com
4. Amy E. ~ http://www.scrapthissavethat.com/
5. Denise ~ www.craftconfectionery.com
7. Cely ~ http://hawaiipaperparty.blogspot.com
9. Alicia ~ http://goldengoddessdesigns.blogspot.com/
10. Anna- http://www.stampanna.com
11. An'Jenic- http://anjenicgibson.blogspot.com/
12. Angela- http://www.crazy3monkeys.blogspot.com/
13. Heather- www.paper-junkie.blogspot.com <-------------------------YOU ARE HERE!
14. Jessica -http://craftinandstampin.blogspot.com/
15. Miranda - www.nanasscrapspot.com
16. La-Vie Borde-Perry ~ http://www.cestla-viedesigns.blogspot.com/
17. Sandy- http://www.scrapbookblessings.blogspot.com
18. Carla ~ http://racincrafts.blogspot.com
19. Lori ~ http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com
20. Ashley W ~ http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com
21. Robin L. ~ http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/