Is it day 3 already?! Seriously? It is going so fast for me at least.
So, what did I cook up for today's project? SO glad you asked! I made a wreath. Now this I put around a vase to dress it up. This vase (yes! it has a candle in it, ok?!) I got at a Christmas store about 4 years ago and never did anything with it. It was waiting for this, apparently.
Isn't that pretty? Would you believe it's all paper? It is! and had I planned it instead of having immediate inspiration late in the day on the 26th, I would have gotten it done sooner, and made it even better, but what can you do when creativity hits last minute?
What you'll need:
2 VERY CLOSE colors of olive green papers- about 5 of each of 12x12 (more or less...)
a dollar store green foam wreath (craft aisle.)
gold ribbon- dollar tree
Martha Steward pine branch punch (Amazon)
btw, While I give credit to Martha for her AMAZEBALLS punch, I kind of want to punch her in the face for making such an awesome product that gave me a horrific hand cramp. Why you ask? Oh, because you only need a squagillion (technical mathematical term) and two of those frigging little pine branches. That's ok, because it looks like you put the work into it, and if you plan it, you can cut them out while doing something mind-numbing like watching reruns of supernatural. Don't judge me.
So, how do you do it? Well, in my genius, I totally forgot to take pictures of the process, BUT if you're familiar with cutting and pasting from kindergarten, you'll have no problem with this! Basically, apply the glue, and put on the little pine branches. Only the "bottom" part, you want it to be slightly fluffy and not flat. If you do that, it'll look a LOT more realistic.
Elmers rocks for this, 1- you have plenty of time to work with it, 2- it dries clear.
Ok, and my question- favorite Christmas drink? Hello Eggnog for me (and my kids- the hubster won't touch it!). I found a recipe for eggless eggnog too- french vanilla pudding and milk and rum extract (for those of us who are consistently pregnant and "shouldn't" drink.) and nutmeg. I'm trying it this year, but here's that recipe- and iwth a 4 out of 5 star rating, I'm pretty sure it'll be good!
So, where are you, where are you going:
1. Lisa Pontious ~ http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com/
3. Sheila - http://2pawprints.blogspot.com
4. Teresa- http://freshandrenewed.blogspot.com/
5. Scrappin Madge http://www.thescrappinlounge.com
6. Miranda - www.nanasscrapspot.com
7. Robin Lane - http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/
8. Scrappin Toxic Midge- http://www.toxictreasures.com/
9. Deb Rodgerson http://debspaperpalooza.blogspot.com/
10.Theresa - http://scrappinginheels.blogspot.com
11. Sandy- http://scrapbookblessings.blogspot.com
12. Diana - http://daisylovecreations.blogspot.com
13. Alicia http://goldengoddessdesigns.blogspot.com
14. Lucy ~ http://love2createitall.com
15. Lori ~ http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com/
16. Beth~ http://thecraftyscrapyard.blogspot.com
17. Shawnee~ http://sunshinycards.blogspot.com
19. Inga http://mommahobbit.blogspot.ca/
20. Heather~ http://paper-junkie.blogspot.com <------- YOU ARE HERE!
21. Denise www.craftconfectionery.com
22. Kathy - http://kathyand3kids.blogspot.com
23. Daphne - http://craftyscrapsofstuff.blogspot.com/
24. Anna - http://www.stampanna.com
25. Jessica - www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com
Have fun hopping and I'll see you lovelies tomorrow with another project!