Friday, July 22, 2011

scraplifting by Lain Ehmann

SO yes, I scraplifted this, but I gave Lain Ehmann all the credit.  She's a smart cookie, and while I give all the info for how to recreate my designs, I too would like to be respected and credit given where it's due.  Feel free to jack my design (by no means am I saying don't do it!) I'm just saying don't present it as your own. 


Hey, buddies!

Scraplifting is NOT the same as cheating -- at least, not unless you copy someone's layout piece by piece and then try to pass it off as your own in public!

Scraplifting, to me, is merely gathering ideas. Rare is the time when I sit down, leaf through an idea book or magazine, find a layout I like, and then copy it in the exact same products shown. Fuggedaboudit! Where's the fun in that? What I find fun is attempting to create a look someone else has pulled off, using the materials and supplies *I* have on-hand. It's much like seeing Kate Hudson on the pages of InStyle wearing an adorable boho-chic outfit, and then trying to recreate it at home with your Target budget and H&M heels

THE KEY IS TO MAKE IT YOURS! By using your products, your photos, your colors, your eye for design, your journaling (can't forget that!), you take one idea and make it into something new, something original.

Of course, there are those times when you just want to lift a layout as close to the original as possible. This is okay, too! Why else do you think all the magazines include product information for each layout they publish? Disclaimer: IT IS NEVER OKAY TO PASS SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK OFF AS YOUR OWN. If you lift a layout, don't submit it for publication. And if you put it on your blog or in an online gallery, a simple credit ("scraplift from Tia Bennett") is sufficient.
Scraplifting - it can help make your scrapbooking fun, fast and fabulous. Trust me. It works.

No comments:

Post a Comment