Monday, December 24, 2012

September Ninth blog guest designer!!

Holy Bajoley!

Merry Christmas to all my fav stalkers!

Ruthie from September Ninth designs (btw- how awesome is this?!  She and I share a birthday.  that rocks.)  came to me and aske me to do a desing, I squeeled, danced around the living room, had my own parade float moment and prepared a speech, then composed myself and replied something to the effect, yes, I can cut SVG files.

She shot me over one and I cut it out.  I REALLY don't recommend cutting smaller than 5".  too many little parts.  anyhoo, We all love hello kitty, and pair it with Christmas and it just becomes something special for my little girl.  I made her this card for Christmas to give to her friend Natalie.

I used:
SVG file and my SCAL
the Paper Studio- Holiday Wonder christmas papers
red, black, green, white, pink cardstock,
tacky glue
atg gun
gold metallic marker
glitter glue in red and clear/greenish

Cut out at 5", and assemble with tacky glue.
Red cardstock cut at standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.
cut each subsequent paper 1/4" smaller and assemble with ATG gun.
glue Hello Kitty down.  (If I had it I would have put her on an action wobble)
after all is said and done, add glitter glue to the berries and the leaves of the holly "bow" on her ear.
Faux stitch with your gold pen around edge of red card and around stocking.
fill in lettering with gold pen also.

tada!  Super cute, instant card for the sweetheart on your list to give.


I think I'm going to be making a layout sometime in the new year.  I have quite a few plans coming up but an even tighter schedule than "normal"!!





No comments:

Post a Comment