Monday, August 20, 2012

One Hundred Thousand Welcomes!

A crafter from a site that I'm on on Facebook did some vinyl on her door, inspiring me (and several others) to do the same!  We take such care in decorating the inside of our homes, why not the outside?  Well, I live on military post housing so I have to be careful not only what I put where, but what language it's in.

I threw caution to the wind and decided to do it.  If you remember from the St. Patty's Day blog hop I did a box that says Cead Mile Failte which means 100,000 welcomes in Gaelic (old Irish).  Well, I threw caution to the wind and decided to put it on my door.  No, not the little box, I cut it out of vinyl!

I'm so jazzed about this.  I cut it out with my SCAL.  I used my super powers of SVG creation and even made the celtic knot.  I know.  Fabulousness.  And yes, I realized after I put it on that it's slightly askew.  oh well.  I call it "character"!

Wanna see it?  Here it is:



I LOVE it!  Actually I got a random guy on post walking his dog said "Wow!  That looks really good!"

So, Heather tested, neighbor approved! :)  now, if only the kids were...

No comments:

Post a Comment